Monday, July 26, 2010

Fabric Painting

Fabric painting can be a fun and beautiful craft. You can use it to add designs and color to clothing including t-shirts, pants, jeans, and jackets. In addition to that you can decorate bags and totes, pillows, lamp shades, and any other fabric item you wish to add color to.

Procedure for Fabric painting

Take a cotton cloth and remove starch and dry it for 1 day.
After that iron it neatly.
Now draw a design of your choice on the cloth to be painted.
For painting, I use fevicryl colors for durability and flexibility. Brushes that I use are generally numbers 000, 2 and 5.

For flowers I have used no.5 brush so that at a single stroke, I can complete the flower petals.

For filling leaves I used brush no. 2, and for lines, I used brush no. 000.

After completing the painting, keep it aside for 2 days and then iron on the reverse side of the painted design.
For more attractiveness of the design, stick “kundans” (stones) with the help of fabric glue.
Keep it aside again for 2 days, and then iron it on the reverse side again.
Take care to wash these painted dresses with hand only.

No comments: